? ??????????????Soul Blossoming? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (12 Ratings)??789 Grabs Today. 36573 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????So Glamorous? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (118 Ratings)??697 Grabs Today. 38885 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Charlie Brown Christmas for Me

We decided to trash our Christmas tree of many, many years over the weekend and buy a new one. We went to Garden Ridge to do our Christmas tree shopping, and might I make one note that all Christmas trees should come with the warning "objects in store may appear either smaller or larger when set up at home". I fell in love with one tree, but not so much in love with the price (200 bucks after the 50% sale!). Then, just when we were about to justify the spending (I mean we are obligated as American citizens to do our part for the economy right?), I spy the exact same tree in the "slim" version. Well, it looked perfect in the store. I drop the hubby off at home to set it up while I go to the 99 cent store to buy wrapping paper, and when I come home, I can't wait to open the front door and behold my new glorious tree.


WAH wah (can you post sound effects?)


THAT is NOT the tree I bought! There is slim and then there is SCRAWNY!!!! (it is probably worth noting at this point that our previous tree was grotesquely huge (4 kids around and 9 feet tall!), so by comparison....it explains the shock to my senses). My husband gets immediately defensive about my shock (like he hand-crafted the tree himself needle by needle), but it was nothing like I pictured it. I'm not a sizist, and I believe in equal love for trees of all shapes and sizes, so don't take this the wrong way, I was just...shocked (have I mentioned I was shocked?). The picture in my head was not holding true to the reality of my situation, and I was having a hard time reconciling the two, and I started to mourn the loss of my other far more ginormous tree (so what if it was held together by duct tape and leaned slightly to the left)!


I'm a trooper though, so I push past my disappointment, and begin to hang our new white and silver ornaments on the tree (with a couple of purple ones thrown in, what can I say...I like to live dangerously!) I've told myself to subscribe to the whole "trimming the hedges makes the tree look bigger" philosophy but apply it to Christmas trees, which is "the smaller the tree, the bigger and more numerous the presents". Hey, don't knock it...whatever works. And it is working, I find the tree is growing on me...


You be the judge:

3 comments:

sassy001 said...

O.K. The tree is beautiful.
I think it is a little smaller than mine in height only.
My decorator is coming out when I say "the shelves need to go" I think that may be hindering your persoective.
Love ya
MOM

Pamelamers said...

Wow, it's definitely a space saver, but it looks beautiful. And think, you can actually enjoy it in your living room now rather than the front room where dangerous ornaments would be left hanging alone while Ethan contemplates eating them. Lord knows you don't need to re-live that mis-adventure! I love it!

madifarahani said...

hey, I liked the tree in your house! It didn't look bad at all! OMG! you know how libby is reading the scarlet pimpernel (which totally sands like some sort of acne) well i've been reading it all day today and my head is about to explode from all the confusing words. I have to look them up in a dictionary and half of the words aren't even in the dictionary any more. Ok anyways, I got so bored so I got on myspace and read both of your newest blogs and i laughed so hard! I think you saved my life! you should really be an author, your such a good writer! hey, you could totally write a blog about your best friend, ME! haha jk! well this is a really long comment! see you later aligator!